Elbow, Wrist Pain Relief
This was my first ever physical therapy sessions. The therapist was extremely professional and patient.
Therapy Fit Inc has helped my grandma recover great we don't have that long visiting and we have seen a...
Accurate diagnosis and excellent treatment by Anandi ,the therapist here. I had femoral nerve entrapment syndrome on the left thigh...
My Therapy sessions helped me a lot to overcome the pain quickly. The exercises were quite effective to regain back...
I am very glad with the service. The diagnostics was very good and the therapy has really helped for my...
I had severe frozen shoulder, barely could lift my right hand. Tried several other methods, like chiropractic, acupuncture and cupping....
I was treated for my shoulder pain. When I came to this clinic I was very impressed and convinced enough...
I received very good physical therapy here. Clinic looks simple. But the therapist is very good and knows what to...
The care and treatment I have received recently from this place has been amazing. Dr. Gopinath is extremely knowledgeable and...
I went to this center following back pain. I was diagnosed with Lumbar stenosis and disc herniation. After undergoing physical...
Very good customer service and great staff.The Physical therapy Doctor here was very knowledgeble and detailed my condition. On the...
One of the best in Texas for the elderly and everyone else. Dr Gopinath took care of my father for...
Had a few sessions now with Dr. Reddy and it feels great already. Highly recommended for all Physical therapy needs.
Excellent place to get your physical therapy treatment.Doctor and supporting staffs are awesome and good thing full body balance and...
Thesis was a Great experience. I stated my goals when I first walked in ( not really walking, more like...
I was very pleased with the success of my treatments, my stability and mobility greatly improved. I highly recommend therapy...
Excellent place to get your physical therapy treatment. Mr Gopal his wife are taking cares of their patients very nicely....
Staff are very welcoming, they also explain every process clearly, I like how there's privacy to do the therapy exercises...
I am very happy with the treatment from this facility. Would recommend to others in need of Physical therapy. I...
My doctor recommended Therapy Fit because the doctor at Therapy Fit is very hands on. Dr Reddy at Therapy Fit...
Great place for Physical Therapy. Very trained and friendly staff. Loved the place. Great service!
Therapy Fit is an excellent institution for Physiotherapy needs. Dr. Reddy is an experienced and knowledgeable doctor who does a...
The therapist is very nice and knowledgeable.He knows what he was doing. Got me much better than I expected. I...
I was in so much pain before coming to Therapy Fit. I needed to strengthen my core to support my...
I love this place and the staff is very friendly. Dr Reddy is a fantastic therapist he is skilled in...
I did my outpatient observation hours here and I had a wonderful time. The PT taught me a lot of...
I have been taking my 10 year old son after a knee injury during gymnastices. Though not specialised in sports therapy, the therapist was able to work with my son healing him in just 2 sessions.
Therapy Fit is a warm friendly professional environment. The doctor was knowledgable and committed to helping me reach my goal.
I did not have a lot of happiness in my life when i first came here. The pain and limitations were so bad. It felt as though i was going to have learn pain management.
I came to therapy for with significant pain in my ankles and now after minimal sessions I can workout and do all my daily activities with no pain.
Excellent service.nice therapists.overall satisfied with the theraphy sessions undergone here.will definetly recommend this place.
Have been taking my mother in law for her knee pain since past 4 weeks, she's been experiencing a dramatic difference. We had tried therapy before but nothing worked as great before.
Very detailed and knowledgable personnel. First thing is they listen and assess your condition accurately. So the treatment is very effective. I had relief within the 1st week.
Physical therapy here was very beneficial. i will recommend this to anyone who needs to get better from chronic pain. Therapists are very nice and loving.
I am happy to write that I received outstanding service at this practice and would highly recommend for anyone looking for physical therapy. The therapist is very thorough and patient.
I received outstanding, courteous and professional care for my legs and right shoulder. The progressions of flexibility, strength and balance not only got me back to golf sooner, but also healthier.
You use your elbows, wrists, and hands constantly throughout the day – but nothing will make you realize just how much you use them like feeling the aches and pains within them. Just imagine your typical morning: you get out of bed, brush your teeth, shower, get dressed, make breakfast, and begin your commute to work. At this point, you’ve already used your elbows, wrists, and hands hundreds of times – and you’re still at the beginning of your day!
Whether you’re experiencing pain due to an injury, ailment, or some other underlying condition, it can greatly impact your quality of life. Fortunately, you can find relief or even experience a full recovery by working with a licensed physical therapist.
Elbow, wrist, and hand pain – Symptoms
Short-term pain in the elbow, wrist, or hand typically results from an injury, but long-term chronic pain may indicate illness or other underlying factors. You may consider your pain level to be between mild and severe, and it may also be intermittent, meaning it comes and goes at different points throughout the day.
Other symptoms accompanying the pain may include numbness or tingling in the extremities, especially in the fingers. This can make it difficult for you to physically perform in a range that is normal for you, creating issues with work or completing everyday tasks, depending on the seriousness of your condition.
Where does your elbow, wrist, and hand pain come from?
Listed below are a few of the most common conditions that may be the culprit for the pain you are feeling:
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a very common condition that affects approximately 53 million Americans. In fact, according to the Arthritis Foundation, it is the most common form of disability in the United States. There are many different forms of arthritis, but it is typically caused by repetitive motions or an injury that impacts the cartilage in the joints of the elbow, wrist, or hand. Physical therapy helps to improve joint motion, reduce inflammation, and strengthen the surrounding supportive muscles.
- Elbow Bursitis: At the end of the elbow is a fluid-filled sac called the “bursa” that serves as a cushion to the elbow bone, or “ulna.” When that bursa is compressed due to an injury or repetitive motion, it can lead to pain and swelling. Because of this, it is common to see the condition in athletes and students.
- Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow: Tennis elbow refers to pain on the lateral or outside aspect of the elbow, whereas golfer’s elbow refers to pain on the medial or inside aspect of the elbow. Both of these injuries are a result of repetitive use injuries, and can be attributed to a variety of different tasks, not just the sports they are named after. Physical therapy is the best treatment for either of these conditions, because it restores the underlying joint and soft tissue limitations, that are causing strain to the tendons, and reduces the inflammation quite rapidly.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS): Carpal tunnel syndrome impacts approximately 5% of all Americans, according to the American Physical Therapy Association. The main job of the carpal tunnel is to protect the median nerve on the inside of your wrist, in addition to the tendons you use to bend the fingers. However, it is possible for this tunnel to become constricted, and when it does, nerve compression can result, leading to a variety of symptoms, such as numbness and tingling to the thumb, 1st and 2nd fingers. In addition pain to the wrist, hand as well as swelling to the hand and fingers is even possible. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) can be caused by an injury or by repetitive job-related use, such as assembly-line work, keyboard-heavy work, or driving heavy machinery.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome: Cubital tunnel syndrome is another common form of nerve compression damage that can lead to elbow, wrist, and hand pain. It is caused by repetitive pressure on the ulnar nerve, which is located inside of the elbow and is known as your “funny bone.” When pressure is put on the cubital tunnel and surrounding nerves, it can cause pain, numbness, and tingling, especially to the ring and pinky fingers.
- Strains/Sprains: Strains and sprains to the elbow, wrist, or hand can also result in pain. Strains refer to muscle or tendon injuries, whereas sprains refer more to the ligaments, which connect bone to bone. These injuries typically occur from quick overstretching of the ligaments or tendons, such as a fall on an outstretched arm, or catching something heavy.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms caused by the conditions above, or if you have persistent pain that won’t seem to go away, contact our office in Frisco, TX as soon as possible for a consultation.
How physical therapy benefits you
Whatever the cause of your elbow, wrist, or hand pain may be, physical therapy can help you. Our advanced treatments at Therapy Fit can help relieve your pain, restore your range of motion, and get you back to living your normal life. In many cases, physical therapy treatments can even help you eliminate the need for harmful painkillers or invasive surgical procedures for nerve-damaging conditions like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Our physical therapists create a personalized treatment plan unique to the specific needs of your condition. This may include any combination of specialized treatments, such as manual therapy, pain and inflammation reducing modalities, and specific therapeutic exercises to restore strength and pain free motion.
Don’t let elbow, wrist, or hand pain reduce your quality of life any longer! If you are looking for a Frisco, TX physical therapist, contact our office today for an appointment and to meet with one of our dedicated team members. We will be happy to get you back to living the healthy and physically active life you deserve!