Neck Pain Relief
Great place for Physical Therapy. Very trained and friendly staff. Loved the place. Great service!
Therapy Fit is an excellent institution for Physiotherapy needs. Dr. Reddy is an experienced and knowledgeable doctor who does a...
The therapist is very nice and knowledgeable.He knows what he was doing. Got me much better than I expected. I...
I was in so much pain before coming to Therapy Fit. I needed to strengthen my core to support my...
I love this place and the staff is very friendly. Dr Reddy is a fantastic therapist he is skilled in...
I did my outpatient observation hours here and I had a wonderful time. The PT taught me a lot of...
I have been taking my 10 year old son after a knee injury during gymnastices. Though not specialised in sports therapy, the therapist was able to work with my son healing him in just 2 sessions.
Therapy Fit is a warm friendly professional environment. The doctor was knowledgable and committed to helping me reach my goal.
I did not have a lot of happiness in my life when i first came here. The pain and limitations were so bad. It felt as though i was going to have learn pain management.
I came to therapy for with significant pain in my ankles and now after minimal sessions I can workout and do all my daily activities with no pain.
Excellent service.nice therapists.overall satisfied with the theraphy sessions undergone here.will definetly recommend this place.
Have been taking my mother in law for her knee pain since past 4 weeks, she's been experiencing a dramatic difference. We had tried therapy before but nothing worked as great before.
Very detailed and knowledgable personnel. First thing is they listen and assess your condition accurately. So the treatment is very effective. I had relief within the 1st week.
Physical therapy here was very beneficial. i will recommend this to anyone who needs to get better from chronic pain. Therapists are very nice and loving.
I am happy to write that I received outstanding service at this practice and would highly recommend for anyone looking for physical therapy. The therapist is very thorough and patient.
I received outstanding, courteous and professional care for my legs and right shoulder. The progressions of flexibility, strength and balance not only got me back to golf sooner, but also healthier.
Fast Relief For Your Neck Pain With Physical Therapy
Neck pain can cause debilitating and extremely uncomfortable sensations, especially if the pain stretches from your neck down to your shoulders. According to the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), approximately one-third of the population will experience neck pain in any given year. It can get worse if left untreated, and in severe cases, surgery may even be needed.
Your neck is an integral area of everyday movement, and sharp pains can prevent you from functioning properly in your day-to-day life. Whether your neck pain presents difficulty when trying to sit up straight in your chair at work or tilting your head down to tie your shoes, physical therapy can help get you back to a normal, pain-free function. Many people are able to find relief from their neck pain every year through the help of physical therapy. Our Frisco, TX physical therapy practice is dedicated to providing you with the relief you need.
Neck pain: defined
There are a number of reasons why neck pain may occur. When someone experiences neck pain, it typically runs from the base of their skull to the top of their shoulder blades, finally settling in the back of the neck. The pain can vary in severity, from a constant dull ache to sharp and stabbing pains. Neck pain can sometimes include additional symptoms, including but not limited to:
- Stiffness and muscle tightness in the upper body
- Numbness or tingling into the upper extremities
- Discomfort and pain when remaining in the same position for too long
- Loss of sleep due to pain and discomfort
- Arm weakness
- Inability to fully stand up or sit up straight
Why do I have neck pain?
Neck pain is most commonly caused by injury to the tissues or bone structures in the neck; however, certain degenerative conditions can also lead to neck pain. Some common conditions that give you a pain in your neck include:
- Injuries. Whiplash is one of the most common injuries that results in neck pain, typically sustained by an automobile or high-impact sports collision. This is known as a “strain” injury, causing the head to whip rapidly back-and-forth, thus affecting the soft tissues in the back of the neck.
- Muscle strains. The muscles in your neck can become strained by overuse. Even something as simple as sitting at your desk all day with your neck craned toward the computer screen can lead to a strain in your neck muscles.
- Nerve compression. If you have a herniated disc in your neck, or narrowing of the foramen (space where the nerves exit the spine), the nerves that branch out from your spinal cord can become compressed. In some cases, nerve pain can even extend from the neck all the way down to the hands and fingers — a condition known as “radiculopathy.”
- Illnesses. Certain diseases and ailments can result in neck pain, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis, or cancer.
- Joint degeneration. Much like any other joint in your body, the neck joints can erode with age, causing pain. Conditions such as osteoarthritis can also reduce the cartilage between the vertebrae in the neck, also resulting in neck pain.
How will physical therapy solve my neck pain issues?
Physical therapy is one of the best methods for treating neck pain. At Therapy Fit, our physical therapists will conduct an initial physical evaluation to analyze the range of motion in your neck, as well as any limitations you have due to your pain. They will then create a diagnosis that will determine the make-up of your treatment plan. You will work together to understand the goals and expectations of each step in your individualized treatment plan, with the main focus being overcoming neck pain and recovering as quickly as possible.
Treatments for your neck pain will most likely include manual or “hands-on” therapy, which consists of special techniques designed to reduce the stiffness of your neck and improve its range of motion. Our Frisco, TX physical therapists will also provide you with targeted exercises that will strengthen, build, and improve the muscles and tissues in your neck. We will focus on improving your posture to aid in the recovery of your neck muscles, as well as avoiding re-injury in the future. Additional treatment services may include ice and heat therapy, ultrasound, or electrical stimulation, as our physical therapist deems fit.
Don’t let your daily discomfort be a pain in the neck any longer. Contact our office to speak with one of our licensed Frisco, TX physical therapists today and schedule your initial consultation! We will help you get started on the road toward long-lasting pain relief.