Great place for Physical Therapy. Very trained and friendly staff. Loved the place. Great service!
Therapy Fit is an excellent institution for Physiotherapy needs. Dr. Reddy is an experienced and knowledgeable doctor who does a...
The therapist is very nice and knowledgeable.He knows what he was doing. Got me much better than I expected. I...
I was in so much pain before coming to Therapy Fit. I needed to strengthen my core to support my...
I love this place and the staff is very friendly. Dr Reddy is a fantastic therapist he is skilled in...
I did my outpatient observation hours here and I had a wonderful time. The PT taught me a lot of...
I have been taking my 10 year old son after a knee injury during gymnastices. Though not specialised in sports therapy, the therapist was able to work with my son healing him in just 2 sessions.
Therapy Fit is a warm friendly professional environment. The doctor was knowledgable and committed to helping me reach my goal.
I did not have a lot of happiness in my life when i first came here. The pain and limitations were so bad. It felt as though i was going to have learn pain management.
I came to therapy for with significant pain in my ankles and now after minimal sessions I can workout and do all my daily activities with no pain.
Excellent service.nice therapists.overall satisfied with the theraphy sessions undergone here.will definetly recommend this place.
Have been taking my mother in law for her knee pain since past 4 weeks, she's been experiencing a dramatic difference. We had tried therapy before but nothing worked as great before.
Very detailed and knowledgable personnel. First thing is they listen and assess your condition accurately. So the treatment is very effective. I had relief within the 1st week.
Physical therapy here was very beneficial. i will recommend this to anyone who needs to get better from chronic pain. Therapists are very nice and loving.
I am happy to write that I received outstanding service at this practice and would highly recommend for anyone looking for physical therapy. The therapist is very thorough and patient.
I received outstanding, courteous and professional care for my legs and right shoulder. The progressions of flexibility, strength and balance not only got me back to golf sooner, but also healthier.
How to Quickly and Easily Recover from Your Work Injury
Are you suffering from an injury sustained at work that is limiting your physical abilities? Having to take time off work can cause monetary distress, especially if you are unsure of how long your recovery period will be. It is important to make sure that you have a proper rehabilitation plan that will get you back to your normal routine as quickly as possible. Fortunately, Therapy Fit can help with this. Physical therapy plays a key role in helping people recover from their work injuries, especially since treatment plans are often covered under workers’ compensation insurance.
Work injuries: defined
A work injury can be described as any injury or illness sustained while an employee is on the job. Many occupations can present potentially dangerous situations, including construction, police work, or nursing. However, even office work can lead to work-related injuries, as sitting in the same position for prolonged periods of time can take a toll on your body. People who work in offices or factories are also prone to repetitive motion injuries, due to the nature of their jobs that require constant repetition. If you happen to get hurt at work, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible, as almost any type of injury left untreated may become more severe over time.
Common work injuries:
There are several specific causes and types of work injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Back pain. Back pain is the most commonly reported source of pain, and it can be caused be several work-related activities. For example, long periods of inactivity, such as sitting at a desk all day, can lead to back pain. Conversely, too much force on your back, such as repeatedly lifting heavy items with the wrong body mechanics, can also lead to back pain. Back injuries are typically caused by rotating or twisting the back in an incorrect way, especially when lifting. If you are experiencing back pain, MoveForwardPT states that receiving early physical therapy is a cost-effective treatment option.
- Tendinitis. Tendinitis develops through repetitive motions and excessive overuse of certain body parts. Symptoms typically include tenderness, pain, and swelling. This condition most commonly occurs in the knees, elbows, and shoulders, and can be corrected with physical therapy.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve in the wrist is compressed, typically due to repetitive motions. Common causes of carpal tunnel syndrome include typing and assembly line work. According to Harvard Health, it is necessary to seek treatment for this condition as soon as possible, in order to avoid long-term nerve damage. A physical therapy program may include light exercises to strengthen the muscles in your hand and wrist, as well as stretches to improve flexibility.
- Sprains and strains. Sprains and strains can occur throughout the body, affecting the tendons and ligaments. These can occur from trauma, such as falling off a ladder, or repetitive motions. They can also occur as a result of improper use of equipment. Whatever the case may be, physical therapy can help you reduce or even eliminate the pain from an injured tendon or ligament.
- Auto accidents. If you work in a job that requires the use of a vehicle, there is always a risk of motor vehicle injuries. Work-related automobile accidents can result in injuries ranging from mild cuts and abrasions to broken bones and severe whiplash. Physical therapy can help in your recovery from an automobile accident by reducing pain and inflammation, and restoring your range of motion.
Physical therapy treatments for work injuries:
Physical therapy has been proven successful in quickly and effectively treating work injuries for people of all ages. Our Frisco, TX physical therapists use the most advanced treatment methods aimed at relieving pain, improving mobility, and promoting overall healing. Our dedicated physical therapists will also provide you with helpful techniques for proper performance while on the job, in order to avoid further injury in the future.
Physical therapy is a natural, quick, and easy way to recover from work injuries. In many cases, it also eliminates the need for potentially harmful prescription drugs or surgical intervention. If you are suffering from a work injury, contact Therapy Fit today to schedule your appointment. We’ll work with your worker’s compensation case worker to help you recover quickly and get you back to your normal work performance in no time!