Great place for Physical Therapy. Very trained and friendly staff. Loved the place. Great service!
Therapy Fit is an excellent institution for Physiotherapy needs. Dr. Reddy is an experienced and knowledgeable doctor who does a...
The therapist is very nice and knowledgeable.He knows what he was doing. Got me much better than I expected. I...
I was in so much pain before coming to Therapy Fit. I needed to strengthen my core to support my...
I love this place and the staff is very friendly. Dr Reddy is a fantastic therapist he is skilled in...
I did my outpatient observation hours here and I had a wonderful time. The PT taught me a lot of...
I have been taking my 10 year old son after a knee injury during gymnastices. Though not specialised in sports therapy, the therapist was able to work with my son healing him in just 2 sessions.
Therapy Fit is a warm friendly professional environment. The doctor was knowledgable and committed to helping me reach my goal.
I did not have a lot of happiness in my life when i first came here. The pain and limitations were so bad. It felt as though i was going to have learn pain management.
I came to therapy for with significant pain in my ankles and now after minimal sessions I can workout and do all my daily activities with no pain.
Excellent service.nice therapists.overall satisfied with the theraphy sessions undergone here.will definetly recommend this place.
Have been taking my mother in law for her knee pain since past 4 weeks, she's been experiencing a dramatic difference. We had tried therapy before but nothing worked as great before.
Very detailed and knowledgable personnel. First thing is they listen and assess your condition accurately. So the treatment is very effective. I had relief within the 1st week.
Physical therapy here was very beneficial. i will recommend this to anyone who needs to get better from chronic pain. Therapists are very nice and loving.
I am happy to write that I received outstanding service at this practice and would highly recommend for anyone looking for physical therapy. The therapist is very thorough and patient.
I received outstanding, courteous and professional care for my legs and right shoulder. The progressions of flexibility, strength and balance not only got me back to golf sooner, but also healthier.
6 Reasons Why You Should Consider Pre-Surgical Rehabilitation
Do you have a surgical operation planned in the near future? It is natural to be a little worried about how well the surgery will go or how long your recovery period may be. Many people participate in physical therapy treatments after surgery as part of their recovery plan, which is undeniably helpful for the healing process. However, there are also several benefits to completing a pre-surgical rehabilitation plan.
What exactly is pre-surgical rehabilitation?
Pre-surgical rehabilitation, also referred to as pre-hab, is becoming an increasingly recommended practice by surgeons, as it can improve the outcomes for their patients. Studies have shown that beginning physical therapy a month or so before a surgery can significantly speed up your recovery time. It is no secret that the preparation for surgery can leave you feeling anxious, but a pre-hab program may be able to put your mind at ease. A pre-surgical rehabilitation plan will help you get physically and mentally prepared for your upcoming procedure.
How is it beneficial?
Surgery can take a traumatic toll on your body; therefore, it is typically only performed when there are no other options available. According to the National Institutes of Health, participating in exercise therapies prior to surgery can exceptionally improve your post-operative outcomes and reduce your recovery time. Pre-hab helps improve strength and promote pain relief before surgery, as it prepares your body for the procedure. It can also help you prepare mentally, by encouraging an overall sense of well-being. Pre-hab helps to improve your range of motion and patterns of movement with exercises that you can perform before and after your surgery, in order to speed up your recovery time. In general, physical therapy will assist you in improving your physical health and promoting general wellness.
6 ways pre-hab works:
There are six key aspects to pre-surgical rehabilitation and how it can help you be successful:
- Reduces pain. No matter what your surgery may be for, our physical therapist can help reduce your pain through pre-hab. This can be done through a variety of methods, including exercise, massage, or ice and heat therapies.
- Improves outcomes. The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) states that pre-hab can improve the overall outcomes of surgery, and can even help in saving money if everything goes smoothly. The stronger you are before the surgery, the more likely the surgery will be successful.
- Reduces complications. Physical therapy treatments, especially those incorporating exercise programs, can help increase your strength and endurance. As a result, this can improve your immunity, meaning that the chance of infection after surgery will be much less likely.
- Increases stamina. Whatever surgery you may need, there will always be a loss of strength following the procedure. However, pre-hab can help in reducing how much strength is lost by increasing your stamina before the operation. Engaging in a physical routine before surgery will improve your overall stamina and make the surgery much easier.
- Shortens recovery. By completing a pre-hab program before your surgery, your recovery should go much smoother than it would without physical therapy treatments. Having strong and toned muscles before surgery helps you get back to your regular routine much quicker.
- Gives the possibility of avoiding surgery. If your pre-hab treatments work well in improving your pain and overall condition, it may be possible to avoid surgery altogether. While it is not always a common case, some patients found that their pre-hab treatments did wonders, and were sufficient enough in reducing their pain that they canceled their procedure. If your condition begins to improve considerably after starting physical therapy, you’ll want to consult with your physician regarding future treatment options and the possibility of avoiding surgery.
Consider pre-surgical rehabilitation today:
Pre-surgical rehabilitation has been known to provide a number of benefits for surgical patients. By consulting with one of our Frisco, TX physical therapists, you can find out what treatment plan will be best for you to achieve optimum results. When you are as strong, flexible, and healthy as possible, you are able to regain normal function much quicker, following surgery. Starting a pre-hab program also means you’ll be able to establish a positive training routine that you will already be accustomed to before your surgery, and that you can take into your recovery for a better outcome.
If you are planning on having surgery, contact Therapy Fit today to speak with one of our qualified team members. Our Frisco, TX physical therapy practice is dedicated to providing you with the best treatment options available. For the best results, it’s important to get started as soon as possible. Schedule your appointment today to prepare for an easier procedure and recovery period.